WIP : Cross Body Colour Block Bag


It started with the desire to design and make a small cross body bag. I wanted a bag that I could use hands free and just the right size to carry a few bits and bobs in. 

I'm a big fan of bottom pleates, they add space and a curvey shape to any bag or pouch. That was my starting point in developing this new bag shape. I also wanted to include a closure flap, front pockets for easy access, a zipper closure for security and a extra detailing with piping. I love piping.

This is the prototype, in a rich purple linen cotton mix. I have highlighted the shape of the closure flap with a natural linen piping and a natural linen cotton mix lining fabric.  To keep the colour theme I also used purple thread too. 



Once happy with my prototype and taken it for few outtings, I decided I would love to make this bag in many bold colours I could gathered together. I'm working on eight bright and bold coloured cotton canvas bags at the moment.



These lovelies should be finshed in a few weeks,

have a colourful day

Emma xxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...